Sunday, May 19, 2013

Essie and Kiss!

Well we are back from the ocean, and it was a lovely trip! Of course it's always a tad depressing to be back home, especially when you think to yourself, wow, last week at this time I was walking on the sand and picking up seashells!
It was nice to come home to some nail mail though!  I received my first Ipsy bag, which was pretty nice. The Zoya polish I received was Piaf.  I was a little unhappy at first, there are some really pretty, light pastels in the Lovely collection, and I received the only one that probably would not look great with my skin tone  But after owning it for a few days, I thought, why would I want another polish that looks like other polishes that I own? I don't own anything that looks like Piaf! So, I'm ok with it now, lol.  I'm sure I'll use it at some point, even if it's just for nail art.

This is Essie - Your Hut or Mine, my first Essie!  It's a really pretty dark coral color with a nice pink shimmer.  I didn't get a pic of it before adding some nail art though.  For that, I used some other nail mail that was waiting for me, Nail Art Society - May 2013. And for some awesome and amazing reason, I received 2 packs!!  I wasn't billed for the second one, so I'm not sure what happened. I've been a member for 3 months now, and this is the first time I've received a second pack. Not complaining, it was actually pretty cool!
So in the pack was a collection of 3 stripers: orange, yellow, and a pretty glitter. I used the glitter striper to freehand some tips over Your Hut or Mine, and then completely fill in my pinky:
Then, I used the "marbleizing" pen to dot on some..dots! It didn't look too bad, but the color combo was off. I think the tips/dots would look much better over a paler purple or ivory/white shade. I was just playing around with the striper and marbleizing pen, so I wasn't really thinking about how the colors worked.

**All polishes used in this post were purchased by me.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely would love comments!! Even if it's a simple smiley face :)